Flow rack applications
Traditionally there are two main areas of application for the flow rack:
1. Flow rack for Order Picking (wholesale and Retail)
2. Flow rack Material Feeding for production and assembly (Kanban)
Boxes and bins
The stock keeping units (SKU’s) form the basis of a well-functioning flow rack:
1. Flat, stable bottom.
2. No edges, flaps or staples sticking out.
3. Manual loading and unloading.
4. Measurements of approx. 100x200 mm to approx. 600x800 mm (WxD).
5. Not extremely heavy, weight up to 30 kg for the larger dimensions.
In the sectors Automotive and Food Retail, often special bins are used.
We have specialized flow racks for bins with the following standards:
1. KLT/VDA bins with block bottom (Verband der Automobilindustie).
2. CBL bin with ribbed bottom (Centraal Bureau Levensmiddelen).
Please contact us for other boxes/bins without flat, stable bottoms.
We can determine if these boxes/bins are suitable for the flow rack.
The Flowrack live storage rack is suitable to use in the following circumstances:
1. Indoor use.
2. Normal humidity, no condensation, no dripping water.
3. Normal dust load, normal chemical atmospheric composition.
4. Temperature range stationary racks: -35°C to +50°C (also freezer storage).
5. Temperature range mobile racks: +5°C to +50°C.
with flat bottom
with strong, flat bottom
CBL (produce) bins
with longituinal ribs
with block bottom